Learning is optimal when students are engaged and on task. However, when incidents occur that interrupt the educative process, the NYC Department of Education has a Discipline Code in place to address behaviors that compromise the safety of students, either physically or emotionally. Below you will find links to the official Discipline Codes:
NYC DOE Discipline Code (English)
NYC DOE Discipline Code (Spanish)
NYC DOE Discipline Code (Russian)
Respect yourself, respect others and take responsibility for all your actions.
1. Arrive on time.
2. Stay to the right, move quickly and quietly during the change of periods.
3. Running and horseplay is prohibited at all times.
4. You must have a pass to leave the classroom.
5. Behave appropriately at all times.
6. Never do anything that physically or emotionally hurts another person.
7. Never do anything that interrupts the learning of your peers.
8. Always use appropriate language. Loud, obscene and offensive language is unacceptable.
9. Dress appropriately. Follow the school dress code.
10. Always demonstrate positive behavior.
11. Try to help others whenever you can.
12. Always try to do your best.